Additional Information about Funding for Government Entities
The Foundation generally will not make grants to governmental entities for:
- Activities that were historically funded by that entity through local funds in previous years and for which funding was cut at the discretion of the locality;
- Activities that are customarily part of the functions of governmental entities in other jurisdictions of comparable size and scope;
- Activities that are currently performed by a viable non-governmental entity;
- Activities that are mandated as local obligations by state and/or federal authorities, except where state/federal authorities stipulate private matching funds for support of a particular effort; and,
- Activities eligible for funding through issuance of municipal bonds by state and/or local authorities.