Administered by The Community Foundation Serving Richmond and Central Virginia, GiveSouthsideVa.org is a free resource that lets area nonprofits publicize their cause, provide details on their organization, and receive donations online. This powerful online tool allows nonprofits to provide comprehensive, annually updated portraits about their organizations that cover eight content areas, including mission and impact, programs, management, governance, and financial information.
In the interest of helping to grow usage of this tool in the Tri-Cities area, The Cameron Foundation actively works with local groups through training workshops, hands-on assistance, and answering questions about the portrait creation and publication process. Through these online profiles, nonprofits can:
- Increase or introduce their online presence in a searchable local database targeted toward donors and the community at large
- Use online options to add video to their profile and tap into social networks
- Accept credit card donations at no cost to their organization
- Report on program outcomes
- Orient/train new board members, staff, and volunteers
- Assess their own organization, collectively determining their strengths and challenges
To learn more about this helpful resource, visit GiveSouthsideVa.org.