Historic House of Worship Integral to Community
The Cameron Foundation’s $25,000 Sacred Landmarks Grant to St. Paul’s Episcopal Church Bristol Parish is assisting with foundation repairs, restoration of five exterior doorways, and replacement of the protective window coverings on 30 stained glass windows. The present church, built in 1856 in the Gothic Revival style, is dominated by a three-story entrance tower, with the bell tower containing the only notable set of antebellum church bells in Virginia. Today, approximately 90 parishioners worship there each week. The church also is used regularly for non-worship purposes, particularly stemming from the church’s strong music program.