Chequila Harvell Fields is a native of Dinwiddie County and currently resides in Petersburg. She is retired from the Sussex County Department of Social Services, beginning her career there in 1985 and serving as director from 2000-2016. While retired, she enjoys helping people by providing outsourcing for Marketplace and Medicare Benefits (ACA). She also is highly involved with numerous civic and faith-based initiatives in the Tri-Cities region. She has two children; a daughter, Kamiran, and a son, Kenston.
Retired Director, Sussex County Department of Social Services
Dinwiddie Schools, Richard Bland College, and Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU)
Activities, Associations and Volunteer Work
- Board Chair, Crisis Assistance Response Emergency Shelter, Inc. (CARES)
- Member, Women of Worth (WOW)
- Member, National Association of Professional Women (NAPW)
- Member, Public Assistance Investigators of Virginia (PAIV)
- Retired member, Virginia League of Social Services Executives (VLSSE)
- Past member, The Cameron Foundation’s Healthcare Advisory Council
- Church musician for the past 35 years in many area churches. Currently responsible for the music ministry at Hassidiah Baptist Church in Jarratt, Virginia.
- Trustee Ministry Member, Oak Grove Baptist Church