Chequila Harvell Fields is a native of Dinwiddie County and currently resides in Petersburg. She is retired from the Sussex County Department of Social Services, beginning her career there in 1985 and serving as director from 2000-2016. She is highly involved with numerous civic and faith-based initiatives in the Tri-Cities region. She has two children; a daughter, Kamiran, and son, Kenston.
Retired director of Sussex County Department of Social Services
Dinwiddie Schools, Richard Bland College, and Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU)
Activities, Associations and Volunteer Work
- Member, Crisis Assistance Response Emergency Shelter, Inc. (CARES) Board of Directors
- Member, National Association of Professional Women (NAPW)
- Member, Public Assistance Investigators of Virginia (PAIV)
- Advisory council member, Crater Area Coalition on Homelessness (CACH)
- Advisory council member, Crater District Area Agency on Aging (CDAAA)
- Retired member, Virginia League of Social Services Executives (VLSSE)
- Past member, The Cameron Foundation’s Healthcare Advisory Council
- Church musician for the past 35 years in many area churches. Currently responsible for the music ministry at Hassidiah Baptist Church in Jarratt, Virginia.